f

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Fun In Canada and a New Surprise!

Back in February I showed you this pattern,
and the coat that I made using the pattern. 
It's a very interesting coat, rather strange in how it goes together.
The back is interesting, but again rather different. I ended up top stitching all of my seams with a zigzag stitch. It turned out rather well. The coat is very nice for throwing on when I'm running out and need a little something to keep me warm, which is almost always.
The coat is nice, but I knew I would not make it again, so rather than just keep the pattern, I decided to give it away. I received a note from Donna who lives in Canada, north of Fargo, North Dakota. I can't even imagine how cold it must get, but she said that like many of us on this side of the world, they were having a rather mild winter and she thought that this would be perfect for spring. I asked her to send pictures once she got the coat made...
and she did!!!! She looks wonderful! Donna loves the pattern, although she did do a few alterations to the back, cutting off the extra length, but she plans to make it again and leave the extra length in tact.
As I said, the pattern is a little weird in how it goes together. I had to look at the instructions a couple of times as I thought I wasn't putting it together correctly. Donna had the same issues, she said that you look at the pattern and it should be so simple, it is, but it takes a little thought.
Donna also changed the button position which I think turned out beautifully. The collar has a lovely vintage look to it now. She also made the little matching hat. Just perfect. Job well done!!!
In case you are wondering, I did get Donna's permission to share the pictures.
Donna sent a slew of fun pictures, I've only shared a few. Her mother took all of the pictures and I think she did a fabulous job. Donna also included this picture of her mother which I absolutely love. Isn't she lovely? Donna and her mom, a great team! Thank you ladies for the wonderful surprise I had when I opened the email and saw all of the pictures. You made my day!
Because I love to see smiling faces, I have a new little surprise....
I'm giving away another little pattern!!! This pattern is really nice. It's not that I don't like it, I just think, hope, it will make someone's day to win it. As you can see, the pattern is quite old. It's a size 14 with a 34" bust. The jacket is very loose fitting, so it would fit someone a little larger without any alterations.
 Here's a version I made a few years ago. Another great jacket to easily throw on. Every time I wear this jacket, I am amazed by all of the compliments.
The sleeve is cut on the bias so if you use a fabric that has a stripe, or pseudo stripe as above, it makes for a very interesting detail.
The back is pleated so it is full but doesn't stand away from the body.
So here's the deal,
Comment on this blog is you would like to have the pattern.
If you win the pattern, please do not sell the pattern. If at some point you decide that you no longer want it, please be generous and give it away.
Once you get it made, send pictures. I love seeing your creations, but I'll only post the pictures if you give me permission to do so.
You'll have until Thursday, April 26, 2012, midnight (central standard time) to comment on this blog if you would like the pattern, and you must be a follower of the blog. 
I'll announce the winner on Friday, April 27, 2012. 
Good luck and a special thanks to Donna's mom for the wonderful pictures! 



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

4 comments:

  1. How cool is that! I would a) totally make the jacket, and b) pass the pattern on to another person later on instead of hoarding it or selling it. :D Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a great spring/early fall coat- I would love to win!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great little jacket with lots of potential I would happily pass it along as requested.

    ReplyDelete
  4. like the looks of that jacket pattern. I would certainly agree to your conditions. BTW, enjoy following your blog. sherri2sew at yahoo dot com.

    ReplyDelete