f

Monday, May 21, 2012

Monday Morning Inspiration

I received a message from Gail this morning. She said that she was on the train and had spotted a square shoulder on a jacket that another woman was wearing. She said that the woman must have thought that she was a stalker by the way she was staring at her. I have done the same thing so many times. Now I just go right up to people and tell them that I love what they are wearing. One day I even pulled my camera out of my purse and asked if I could take a picture of a style line!!! The woman was very accomadating. She probably thought I was rather bizarre, and I guess I am. But, what I have found more often than not, is that people just love getting compliments and especially from strangers. After all, a stranger is under no obligation to say anything, unlike our friends and family. When I go for my morning walk, many are rushing off to work. If I see someone wearing something that I especially think looks nice, I stop them and tell them so. As they walk away from me, I see a difference, they seem happier. I hope that in a very small way I have made a positive impact on their day. What I've probably done is gain a reputation as the crazy walking lady!! That's okay as well.

A few days ago I was on Pinterest and I came across this dress. The beading is beautiful and the back looks so sensational.
The photo prompted me to do a little looking around. I found the most wonderful examples of bead and applique work and I thought that you might enjoy them as well.
Such a spectacular dress.
I like the use of the fragil lace against the much stronger looking black velvet.

Take note of the eyelet inserts.
Now this is a dress that would translate into a lovely summer dress, on a smaller scale.
I just had to include this boot. The beaded embroidery is over the top incredible. If I remember correctly I think this boot is Chanel.
Elie Saab.
Simple and yet so lovely.



This little dress is not as spectacular as the other garments, but I really liked the use of the fabric and how it makes the dress really come alive.
Happy Monday. Wishing you all a lovely week.



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

8 comments:

  1. O dear, when I saw the first dress I couldn't stop to look it, it's fantastic, marvelous, I love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first dress is what prompted me to look for the rest. It is so lovely.

      Delete
  2. Terrific eye candy. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed it Dixie. Thanks for coming by.

      Delete
  3. I love bead work on clothes and want to get around to using some on my clothes creations. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you'll do something lovely. I'll be watching your blog to see what you do.

      Delete
  4. These are fabulous. Thanks so much for brightening my day!

    ReplyDelete