f

Monday, July 22, 2013

Monday Morning Inspiration

Good Morning Everyone!
I thought I would continue to share the Valentino books for a couple more weeks. I find the pictures so lovely to look at and from the comments I've received, a number of you do as well. This week the pictures are from the Autumn 1989/90 fabric catalog. If you take a look back at last week's pictures, you'll see that although still quite lovely, the illustrations are a bit different. Actually, these are some of my favorites. For those of you in the United States who have been melting in the heat, the clothes are going to look just a little too warm, or maybe they'll help you dream of cooler days!!  I love the voluminous coats, the sweeping action of all of the garments and the wonderful mixing of patterns.   





Nice detail on the blouse pictured below.

I absolutely adore the outfit pictured above. Once again, I so wish that you could feel the fabric. The picture just does not do it justice.

I included the fabric from this dress as the picture does not represent it all that well.


Take a look at the glorious quilting on the fabric for the skirt as well as the jacket.



And finally, the lovely silks used for this gown. The lace is just exquisite although my picture once again does not show just how lovely it is. One day we'll be able to feel things over the internet. We will. Remember, there was a time that some of us could not imagine being able to have so much information at our finger tips!!
It's nice that some things change!!
Wishing you a glorious day full of exquisite experiences!
Rhonda




Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous as usual. I like the last blouse with lace down the side. I might be the final person on the lace train with that inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that blouse was awfully pretty too!

      Delete
  2. Oh just wonderful pictures - love them all

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am waiting for the day you can download a meal via a recipe online! Wouldn't that be great!?
    Love all of these. How wonderful would it be to have a wardrobe of matching coats and outfits....and live in a time when you wouldn't look silly wearing them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love that red shirt, very modern. I would love to touch those fabrics, are they as luscious as they look?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these pictures. 80s shoulder pads!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! What lovely eye candy for a Momday morning! Thank you Rhonda!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love them, love them, love them

    ReplyDelete