f

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The Mary Bridge Pillowcase Project Gains Momentum

I am extremely excited to announce that we have officially hit 260 pillowcases!!!! Isn't that just amazing?!! A little over a week ago I received a message from Wendy. She said that she had made 63+ pillowcases and was ready to send them to me. I just couldn't believe what I read. Well, there were 66 in the box to be exact.
 The cases are so delightful. There are alien prints,
musical notes paired with quilting patterns,

whimsical mushrooms,


 fireworks and bright colors,
 beautiful mountain scenes,

 and animals with fins!
I love the words on this border, "simple gifts." Doesn't it seem that the simplest gifts can have the deepest meaning?
Thank you Wendy for such a generous contribution.
I think that within a few weeks we will hit the half way mark of 450 pillowcases. When we do, I will once again hang all the pillowcases and celebrate our success.
If you would like to participate, there is plenty of time, just email me at sewbussted@yahoo.com. You can find a link to the simplified pillowcase instructions that I did here,  http://www.rhondabuss.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-simplified-pillowcase-instructions.html.
If you would like to learn more about this project, here is a link to the previous posts that have been done, http://www.rhondabuss.blogspot.com/search/label/Mary%20Bridge
In order to reach the goal of 900 pillowcases, I need lots of help and no contribution is too small.
Thank you Wendy for such a mighty effort. I'm truly at a loss for words.
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

2 comments:

  1. This is great! I just put 10 more in the mail today. I sent them parcel so it will probably take a week to arrive. They are in the hands of USPS as I type.

    ReplyDelete