f

Monday, February 17, 2014

Monday Morning Inspiration

Well, I can't believe it, 3 to 6 more inches of snow today. ARG!!! I like snow, I enjoy winter....but I am ready for a break!! 
I have a beautiful piece of fabric from Africa that I would like to make up for a spring/summer outfit, so over the weekend I did a little looking around for some inspiration. I enjoyed the pieces I found so much, so I thought I would share some of the pictures with you this morning. I especially enjoyed how the prints were manipulated to achieve interesting patterns. 
This first piece I thought was sensational. The skirt is a little too ruffly for my taste, but I especially like the mix of the print with the gingham trim.


What a beautiful piece of WOW!! and it is just a simple pencil skirt.

This little jacket would look lovely over a pair of jeans, a skirt, or a simple pair of black slacks and a t-shirt.
I really like this, but I would lengthen the shorts a bit....to my ankles!!!



Love the striped shirt with the print.
The gloves are sensational, as is the dress.
Maybe a bomber jacket. Nice idea.
A simple dress, but I love the use of the fabric.




If all these beautiful fabrics have made you long for a bright and special piece of fabric, I found this site on Etsy, https://www.etsy.com/shop/TessWorldDesigns?ref=listing-shop-header-item-count. She has some very beautiful pieces. Some time back, I posted this top as a Fabulous Free Pattern Friday piece.
Many asked about where they might find fabric like this, well, she has a number of beautiful pieces similar to this.Here's an example.
 And a skirt made out of a piece like this.
The top that I made is a great spring and summer piece, well, that's if it EVER gets warm again!!!
Have a wonderful day. Hope something bright and cheery comes into your life today :)
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

6 comments:

  1. Lovely eye candy. Gave me some ideas for a piece I have in my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great inspiration! I especially love the looks that mix prints -- so creative. Hope it warms up for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are looking for this kind of fabric, it is from Vlisco fabrics of the Netherlands. They do have a webshop where you can order their collection: www.vlisco.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh RhondaBuss this is some SERIOUS inspiration!!! Yes ma'am! I love it all. I need more garments made from these fabrics in my life. I will have to go back and check out your Free Pattern Friday that's such a lovely top! Thanks for the inspiration! Nice...very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so pretty!!! I have some tribal prints from Ghana...quite an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete