f

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

The Colette Patterns Clover Pant Sew Along Begins


PatternCover 5001 Week 1 of the Clover Pant Sew Along   Pattern Prep & Fabric Choices
The sew along for the Colette Patterns clover pant has begun over on the Sew News blog. This pant is designed for the beginner. It's easy to sew and great to wear. In fact, I liked the pattern so much that I made 2, one for summer and one for fall/winter. Below is the pair I made for summer.
You can find the post here.
And if you would like to take a look at this week's video, click below.



I have been under the gun to get a project finished, so I have not started the pants drafting tutorials, but they are coming. Learning how to draft a pair of pants, I think, is very beneficial in learning how to fit pants. I am going to do my best to get the first post up later today.
In the meantime, gather up you materials and come make a pair of pants with me!
You can find the Flickr group here.
 



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

4 comments:

  1. Great pants and looking forward to the participants' creations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should check out the Flickr page Shelia. One of the participants posted a great example of the changes that she made to her pattern.

      Delete
  2. Pants? Years and years ago when I first started sewing, a mere slip of a young teen, I made a pair of pants that fit exactly without any adjustment required...oh those good ol' days. The perfect fit was accidental, and as a raw beginner, I didn't even appreciate what I had accomplished. I've never been so lucky again in making pants, and have shied away from the challenge. I am so ready to add a good basic pant pattern to my wardrobe, and I appreciate your tutorial. Looking forward to following along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I'll be able to help at least a little. The Clover pant is fairly forgiving, so good luck!

      Delete