f

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Sunday Brunch

We have our first dusting of snow covering the ground here in Chicago. Flurries are flying outside the window and I have a fire going. It's winter :) On days like this, my thoughts turn to dishes that will warm my body and my home. I posted this dish quite some time ago, but I thought I would repost it since so many of you are new to the blog since the last posting. If you love apples and cinnamon, I think you'll love this dish. I had to smile a little at my husband this morning when I told him that I thought I would make an apple pancake for our breakfast. His eyes got wide and he said,"well, that would be great!"
APPLE PANCAKE

Ingredients;

3 medium apples peeled and sliced, I used Fugi Apples
1/4 cup of raisins or dried cranberries
1/4 cup of chopped pecans or nut of choice
1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon
1 tablespoon of butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 eggs
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 milk (I use unsweetened Almond milk)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Peel and slice apples. Melt butter in a nonstick skillet. Add apples and saute until tender. Add raisins or cranberries.
 Add nuts of choice and cinnamon.
 Stir well.
In a blender, blend eggs until frothy. Add milk and extract and continue to blend. Add flour 1/4 cup at a time and blend well.
Pour batter mixture over apples.
Place skillet in preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes or until pancake begins to crack and is lightly browned.
Place large serving dish over the top of the skillet and invert pancake. Replace any apples that may have stayed behind in the pan.
Slice and serve with powdered sugar.
The recipe will serve 4.
Sadly, I forgot to take a picture of the pancake on the serving dish. It makes a lovely breakfast presentation and would be great for any special occasion.
You may have noticed that I did not add sugar to this recipe. If you would like a sweeter dish, add a little brown sugar to the apples just before you pour the pancake batter over the apples.
Enjoy!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

8 comments:

  1. Looks so wonderful! Just finished lunch and now you have me drooling! I must have missed this one the first time around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makes a nice Christmas
      Morning treat :)

      Delete
    2. DH not a big breakfast eater in the a.m. So, I made the pancake for dinner. Added ham and scrambled eggs. (He does like breakfast for dinner.) Lovely! Delish! He said, "this recipe definitely a keeper." That's about as good as it gets for him. :) Thanks so much for all you share!

      Delete
    3. Wow, now I call that a compliment!!! So glad it was a hit :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! It looks marvelous, and make the batter in the blender-- easy!

    Happy week,
    Kelley~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've gained weight just looking at that scrummy scrummy brunch! (I have a soft spot for apple treats!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I'm going to make this next weekend. I know my boys will love it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete