f

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Master Sewing and Design Certification Program/Sketching

Back in January, I did this post on sketching. For those of you who are naturally talented and sketch beautifully, congratulations, and I do mean that with all my heart as it is truly a gift to be able to envision something in your head and easily put it on paper. For the rest of us, which includes me, we need help!!! And to be honest, most of us would like to be able to sketch with at least a little more ease.
If by chance you are working on or thinking about taking your skills to a higher level and possibly taking the plunge to work through the Master Sewing and Design Professional Certification Program, you will need to be able to do some sketching. I know that this alone may immediately put the brakes on that idea for some of you, but I have found help!! So whether you want to gain certification of your skills, or just learn to sketch with a little more ease, read on.
You may have heard about the University of Fashion. It's an online resource of classes for the fashion student, teachers, and home sewers alike. A 1 year membership fee is $145.00 and this allows you to watch all the videos that you choose for an entire year. There are 1 month memberships as well as a free membership that will give you limited access. If you sign up for the free membership, you can access a video class on drawing the female side back pose pictured below.


You can find a link to the introductory video HERE.
Just to give you an idea of some of the other classes that they offer;

There's a class on drawing velvet which you can find HERE.
HERE you will find pleats.
Stripes can be such a challenge. Unlock the mystery of stripes HERE.
There are even classes on drawing patterns like the floral pattern above and the zebra pattern below.

In the post I did back in January, I gave you a link to the free fashion croqui that Iconic Patterns offers on her website. It's really quite nice and you can find it HERE. The Iconic Patterns croqui is a fashion croqui with fashion proportions. University of Fashion also has free croquis available on their website and they have a much wider assortment to choose from including plus size, men and children. You can find them HERE
You may have noticed a new addition to the blog along the header. There is now a special page that tells you about the Master Sewing and Design Certification Program and in that page you will find a link to my posts. I have drug my feet on the process. It is a little intimidating, actually a lot. I now have 6 months to put my proverbial petal to the metal and get this done, so in the coming weeks, you'll see much more about my progress and hopefully I will be able to help a little with the intimidating factor. 
In the meantime, check out the University of Fashion's  website. Like I said, whether you are working toward something more, or would just like to gain a little more knowledge, I think it's a great resource.



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

3 comments:

  1. Once upon a time I used to draw all the time, basically from the point where I could hold a crayon. I stopped sometime in my twenties, and have never really found the time to pick it up again. I also did a couple of years on an art college, and loved it. We used to do croquis classes and act drawing too, among many other techniques.
    Good luck on your progress, and remember to not be too hard on yourself and have fun with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whilst I will never be a natural artist I did find that when I was studying for my City &Guilds qualification and I was drawing frequently I improved enormously. Sadly I didn't continue with that frequency and I have lost the skill.
    I agree with Siri. Take time to enjoy your studies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post. I signed up for the free membership about a year ago, and have been eyeing the sketching modules, seriously considering taking it this summer. Would love to hear about your progress.

    ReplyDelete