f

Monday, August 1, 2016

Butterflies And A Winner

It's Monday and it's the first day of the month...Rabbit, Rabbit!!!!

What in the world is Rabbit, Rabbit? A few months ago I shared that this is I guess, a superstition that if you say Rabbit, Rabbit on the first day of the month, good luck will come your way. Hey, why not? :)

I took a bike ride up to the Chicago Botanical Gardens yesterday and was surprised to find a Butterflies and Blooms exhibit. If you are anywhere near Chicago, I highly recommend visiting the exhibit. I felt as though I was in a fairy tale story with all the butterflies flying about. 

For some reason, they really liked me as they kept landing on me.


This one hitched a ride on my leg and would not leave. When I was ready to go, I had to get one of the people from the garden to remove him as we were not supposed to touch them. They told me that I am going to have tons of good luck as another superstition I guess is that when a butterfly lands on you, they bring good luck. Again, I'll take all I can get :)


I thought I would share a few other pictures that I took. I could really bore you as I took tons, but I will refrain :) 


This one doesn't even look real!



On this first day of August, I'm so happy that I can send out a little good luck with the announcement of the Swoon Patterns Evelyn Handbag and Market Tote pattern give away.


And the winner is Ginger!!! Congratulations Ginger. Email me at Sewbussted@yahoo.com and I will send your pattern out to you. It's a PDF pattern, so you'll get it right away!

Before I go, I thought I would share a few pictures of some of the Evelyn Bags I found. 

I thought both of these were especially cute. A little bit of an eye teaser on the left and a little Lilly Pulitzer on the right.


This photo gives you an idea of how large the market tote pattern is. Good size bag.


Have a wonderful day and I wish you a month full of the best of luck!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

7 comments:

  1. I love butterflies (who doesn't?)! :)
    Your pictures are so lovely and the butterflies seems to like you! You are just as sweet as sugar! ;)
    Have a good start to your week AND a lucky month!
    Stef

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, we sent to a butterfly exhibit a number of years ago at the Texas State Fair. I LOVED it! AND my camera picked that day to BREAK!! I was so disappointed. I just loved being in the enclosure with them. So delicate and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rabbit, Rabbit! And I want the butterflies to cover me if they bring any luck. It's been a very long time since I've gone to the Botanical Gardens. You are engulfed in the sweet smell of flowers, and it surely is a beautiful sight to see. The bags are really sweet. Much luck to you all month long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilarious!! You gave me a childhood memory today. My older sister said that if we said "Rabbits, Rabbits, Rabbits" on the first day of every month, we'd have good luck all month...but then she'd try to get me to talk when I was just waking up (before saying "Rabbits, Rabbits, Rabbits"), so it would be void for me but not for her. I hope that's not a glimpse into her soul...she's actually quite nice these days...HA! LOVE the butterflies. I do think your blessed because of that butterfly landing on you. She/he knew the gentle, wise soul to land on. Thanks for sharing! Cate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our family has a tradition on the first day of the month that we try to be first to get eachother while saying "Pinch and a punch for the first of the month, no returns. Rabbits!" I never understood the rabbits part but now it's clear! Thanks for the trivia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first thing out of my mouth yesterday was Rabbit, Rabbit. I rarely remember, but it was something learned at camp many, many years ago

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. Thank you so much!
    Love your butterfly pictures. I love butterflies and take pictures every chance I get.

    ReplyDelete