f

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

House Keeping And A New Project

Happy Wednesday!

I took a little time this morning to update the Sew News Sew Along links. If you look at the banner under Rhonda's Creative Life, you'll see a number of clickable links with one being a link to the Sew News sew alongs that I have done. I still need to go back and add the sew alongs that were done in 2014, but I do have 2016 up to date. So far this year, we have done;

The Pepernoot Coat from Waffle Patterns



The Magic Bias Dress from Fashion In Harmony



The Soma Swimsuit from Papercut Patterns 


The Stella Weekender Bag from Swoon Patterns


Up next is the fabulous Ginger Jeans pattern from Closet Case Files. I am super pumped about this sew along as I cannot wait to make another pair. I could live in these jeans!!! 

So if at anytime you would like to refer to any of the sew along posts, I think you'll find it quite easy to find them. As soon as I link up all the 2014 sew alongs, I'll let you know.

At the moment I am working on my niece's wedding gown. Can't wait to share the dress with you. I've decided to wait until after her wedding to post pictures. The wedding will be October 22nd, so just a few weeks away.

I recently shared a lovely gift that I was given from Kim of The Material Lady, a gorgeous piece of Linton Tweed.


With such a special gift, I really wanted to be sure that whatever I chose to do would be equally as special, so I ordered the Cassock Coat pattern from Paco Peralta. I may not have enough to make the longer version, but I'll be just as happy with something shorter.


My pattern arrived yesterday and Paco included such a sweet gift, a sketch book from The Museu del Disseny. I am going to enjoy having this in my bag. Thank you Paco :)


With such a special project, I want a special lining. I popped over to the Apple Annie website and found this lovely piece of silk charmeuse. Kind of a wild lining, but it should be fun :) 


I'm planning to quilt the fabric just as I would for a Chanel style jacket, so it will be a bit labor intensive, but well worth it.

So that's my little dog and pony show for the day.

Before I go, I would just like to say thank you to all of you who have sent messages and cards after the loss of my precious Little Bit. Each day is better. I miss her terribly. The house is so quiet and so empty. Gracie too is mourning. It's like we are all struggling to find a new normal. We will. Little Bit was a little 14 pound dog that had the spirit and presence of a giant. I am so very grateful that I was given the opportunity to share life with her while she was here on earth.





Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for your work on the sew-a-long links. I will be using them. I look forward to the Ginger Jeans Sew-a-long. I really want to sew them!! Your fabric is to die for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just got my jeans back from Sew News and I have had them on everyday this week!!! I think it's a super pattern. As for the fabric, I think I must be the luckiest girl in the world:)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the work you did on the links! Your coat sounds fabulous (as does that sketchbook: what a neat surprise!) and both fabrics are so unique. And a silk charmeuse lining sounds like the greatest thing ever! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bad thing about a silk charmeuse lining is that once you have one in a garment, that's all you want!

      Delete
  3. That coat looks so lovely. I had a look at the rest of Paco's pattern on Easy. They really are very chic. I love the one that you have chosen and fabric is stunning. That is a gorgeous photo of Little Bit. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A friend encouraged me to go through old pictures and make a picture book. I had forgotten all about this picture. She loved her blankets, and especially loved when I would tuck her in. So precious :) The fabric was such a lovely gift. I just hope that I can make a garment that merits the gift.

      Delete
  4. I've been oohing and ahhing over Paco's patterns for Vogue. This coat will be gorgeous with that yummy fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. I had the pleasure of meeting and fabric shopping with Paco in Barcelona. He is the nicest guy and a very talented designer. Love all of his designs (including the newys for Vogue) and can't wait to see your finished project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A comment, when you know someone is hurtingseems so little, but please know if came from my heart.

      Delete
  6. That looks like a great pattern for the fabric but the method you are planning is certainly going to be lots of work. I'm very happy that you like the fabric enough to feel it's worthwhile. The lining is stunning - and you know I love a wild lining!
    Little Bit looks wonderful all bundled up in her blankets. She knew how much she was loved 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were a number of things that she truly loved, of course one was me :) Two of her favorites were blankets and balls. She had her own blankets, and I couldn't say the word ball unless I was willing to go out and play.
      As for the jacket, I am going to take my time and just enjoy the process. It's a jacket that I plan to wear for a very long time :)

      Delete
  7. Looking forward to seeing the coat made up. Such lovely fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to see your shorter version of the Cassock coat. I also want to make another one for the winter, this time in my favorite color (red).
    I'm so sorry about Little Bit. I know exactly how it feels, I've been there more than once already. I guess it only gets bearable when another heart warming spirit comes into our lives to fill in the void. Just hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great fabrics. I feel your loss of Lil Bit. Just know how they know your love so deeply. I know you were feeling so down at the class in Peoria but you're a trooper! That's why I was such a goof!! Pam Gonzalez- The Bad Girl Table!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a goof at all!!! I so enjoyed you and Beverly. Having the opportunity to be in Peoria was such a wonderful gift. You all kept me busy and focused. And then I left with the satisfaction of seeing all of you create such wonderful bags.

      Delete