f

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

The Wednesday Showcase

After a bit of a hiatus, the Wednesday Showcase is back in full swing. It's such a fun part of my week, and I'm so grateful to those of you who talked me into coming back with the posts. I know that I walk away so inspired and energized and I hope you do as well. And then there's the added bonus of possibly making a few new friends :) A win in every way!!!

First up today is Lynne of Confessions of a Quilting Junkie. She's a world traveler, originally from England, but now lives in Switzerland. Knitting has been a passion since she was a child, but 5 years ago she began to quilt and just 2 years ago began to sew garments. 

As I scrolled through her blog, I fell in love with this beautiful piece. It was done by a friend and inspired Lynne... 


To do a little ricrac braiding and trim this dress. 


She also made a matching bag. So very pretty!


Lynne said that she may not be the world's most accomplished quilter, but she is very enthusiastic. The quilt below was a gift to her mom. Truly an heirloom. 


Not only does she sew lovely garments, and spectacular quilts, she makes the cutest accessory pieces. She's made a number of these tissue box covers. Just beyond adorable!!!
 

Be sure to visit Lynne's blog. I think that you'll find her to be very inspiring. I know I'm itching to make a few of those braided ricrac roses!!!


Next up is Dana of Deedle and Thread. Of course "deedle" is a play on needle, but it actually came from her father as a beloved nickname for Dana. Her mother was the first to inspire her. She loved going through a big bag of scraps that her mother kept in a closet, and creating clothes for her Barbie dolls. She now sews for herself and truly enjoys sharing her passion with others.

I just love a picture of a girl and her dog :), so I couldn't resist! The look on the dog's face is kinda like, "when is this going to be over." So cute. Dana loves playing around with patterns. This is McCall's 7020, a cowl top pattern that she turned into a tunic/dress.   


She said that this jacket pattern is a tried and true piece. I just love how she was able to incorporate the raw edge in the seams. 
Fabulous jacket. 


This is the Midtown Trench Coat from Indygo Junction. What a lovely pattern, portrait collar, bias cut cuffs on the sleeves, and the pleated back swing. Although the fabric has a subtle pattern, it accents the details beautifully. 


Not only does Dana sew, she loves to make jewelry. 



Creative in every way, you can find a wonderful tutorial for these great rectangular zipper bags HERE.


I know I'm walking away from this post bursting with inspiration, and I'm sure you are as well! 

Have a wonderful day!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

13 comments:

  1. Wow, that rick-rack inspiration, so col!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to make a few of those ric-rac roses!

      Delete
  2. Both ladies have made beautiful items! I especially love the roses. They remind me of similar roses my mother used to crochet. Thank you for bringing these 2 talented ladies to our attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always my pleasure 😊
      Be sure to check out next week's post!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous makes from these women! Thanks for bringing them to us !

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful things these ladies make and the expression on that poor dog's face made me laugh out loud. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Love seeing the Wednesday Showcase again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rhonda! I happened upon someone yesterday that I wonder if you may know, and if you don't, I thought you might like to. Her name Jennifer Bosworth, and her website is shabbyfabrics.com. the connection for you is that she was a former pilot and now is totally engrossed in sewing/quilting/crafting. She has some youtube videos and seems just as nice as you are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie 😊 I do not know Jennifer, but I will check out her site!

      Delete
  7. Imagine my surprise to see my DeedleandThread blog featured in your Wednesday Showcase. Happy dance! I will be adding you to my blogroll to my site so that others can also follow the WS weekly feature. Love it! Thank you, Rhonda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dana! Always my pleasure to say thanks for following my blog and feature such talented sewista 😊

      Delete
  8. Rhonda-I wanted to return the kindness you showed by writing a 'thank you' post. Here is some blog love for YOU. http://deedleandthread.com/sharing-blog-love/

    ReplyDelete