f

Saturday, June 3, 2017

I'm A Discount Code At Islander Sewing Systems!!!

Janet Pray of Islander Sewing System sent me a message and graciously offered a 20% discount on the Easy V Express top pattern for anyone who comes by the blog and would like to make up the pattern. And get this...all you have to do is enter the code RHONDA. I'm a discount code, what fun!!! You can find the paper pattern HERE, and the downloadable pattern HERE


I made the pattern up, THIS MORNING!!! as a dress and wore it to the Haute Couture Club June Banquet. That's right, I waited until this morning to get it made :/


I had planned to use the fabric from the resale shop dress I showed you yesterday, but I was a little short on fabric, so off to the stash for something different. Thank God for a stash! 

The pattern is quite easy to put together, but the neckline is just a bit tricky. The week of June 12th, I will begin the sew along, so there's plenty of time to get your pattern and follow along if you would like. We'll talk about lengthening the pattern and making it into a dress. We'll make a sleeveless version, maybe change up the sleeves for a little something different, and we'll also go over the neckline construction so that there are no questions. 

I really like the dress as it's super easy to wear, and I can pair it with heels are flats for a more casual look. This would also be cute as a tunic with tights, so lots of possibilities.

So remember, just put in the code RHONDA at checkout for your 20% discount.

Thanks Janet!!!



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

10 comments:

  1. Looks terrific as a dress Rhonda. Looking forward to the sew-a-long. And how cool you're now a discount code!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathy 😊
    I'm really getting a kick out of me being a discount code. Too funny, and so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just ordered & looking forward to sew a long !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dress looks great! Thanks for sharing your discount code.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pattern-fabric combination!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Rhonda & Janet. I just ordered the pattern & look forward to the sewalong.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks terrific on you, great to have such a versatile pattern and with so few pieces.
    You make a charming discount code :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look gorgeous in your beautiful dress. Love what you did with the pattern by making it into a dress.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pattern ordered, fabric prepped, ready to go !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pattern ordered and waiting for arrival, looking forward to the sewalong and all the possibilities for this pattern,yay!

    ReplyDelete